Infertility & Pregnancy Loss Forums

These forums offer support and information to couples facing infertility challenges or pregnancy loss.

Ovarian Drilling

For general discussion of infertility-related issues.
Forum Leader: southernbelle69

Moderators: southernbelle69, Lainey

Postby Kyndipoo » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:08 am

I had laparoscopy hysteroscopy done last week. My RE had the idea of doing Ovarian drilling since they would already be inside. He said it certainly wouldn't hurt anything but it's a rare treatment for PCOS. So I was wondering if anyone else has had it done? I will try to post pics if you want to see my "holy ovaries," lol. They look like golf balls. At my post op appt yesterday RE said that they hope my cycles will start on their own @ best for 6 to 12 months...I guess, we shall see.

"He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17b
Kyndipoo

Postby Lisa6212 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:03 pm

Interesting...I have never heard of it--what is the reasoning?
Psalm 62:1-2

1st pg: BFP 5th IUI with injections
2nd pg: surprise pg
Mom of 2 boys, 13 months apart :)
Lisa6212

Postby daughter_of_faith » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:12 pm

I've heard of it, but not had it done. From my understanding, ovarian drilling basically "kickstarts" your body to release the egg as it should, Lisa. That's one of the main problems of PCOS (lack of ovulation). I had laparoscopic surgery as well to remove my "string of pearls" in April '08.

MEGAN
DS #1 5/2003
Three years in the making, DS #2 arrived 2/2011
DS #3 has arrived!!! 12/2012
DS #4 is anticipated 12/2014!
daughter_of_faith

Postby Kyndipoo » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:59 pm

Sorry for the delay, here's some info

http://women.webmd.com/tc/polycystic-ovary-syndrome-pcos-surgery

Megan, thats what I understand too.

We think it may already be working. I had a scan today due to intense pain in my right ovary. I have a cyst but I actually ovulated on my own! Of course, the effects of the drilling are temporary. RE said at best we might see regular cycles for 6 months to a year.

"He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17b
Kyndipoo

Return to Community-Wide Infertility Discussions